Please click on the following link to reigster your cell or VOIP phone number in our emergency call system.
Now Available: Tornado Warnings sent directly to you. If you have registered inthe past, you will need to relog into your account, select "update" (see image), and then select the weather notifications. This system will be an opt-in only service.
FAQ for Alert-Fairfield County
- What is Alert-Fairfield County? Alert-Fairfield County is an emergency notification system used by city and county public safety organizations throughout the United States to issue government related messages to residents and businesses. The system has the capacity to send thousands of messages via landline, cell phone, TTY, e‐mail, text and fax, all within minutes. Only authorized officials are allowed access to the system.
- When will it be activated? Activiation of the Alert Fairfield Emergency Notification System will be dependent upon the emergency situation and the allowable warning time. Tornado Warnings will be sent automatically when the NWS creates a tornado warning - these notifications will be sent to addresses only in the tornado warning area and that have opt-in to this service.
- How can I sign up to receive notifications? If you have a landline phone, your number is already in the database and will receive official messages. This does not include the Tornado warnings. You must register a phone number and select this service. You can sign up online by going to the sign‐up page of this web site and follow the prompts.
- How does the Alert-Fairfield County service work? Authorized officials record a voice message, type an e‐mail or text message and deliver the messages quickly to individuals in the notification system.
- What types of messages will be sent using the Alert-Fairfield County service? The primary use of the system will be to disseminate messages pertaining to the health, safety or welfare of a community that is being affected by a perceived, emerging, or imminent emergency event.
- Is my contact information included in the Alert-Fairfield County system database? Alert-Fairfield County contains residential and commercial landline phone numbers of an area’s entire geographic population. In accordance with legal regulations, landline numbers were acquired from the local carriers’ telephone databases. It is important and recommended that community members register their cell and VoIP phone numbers on the Alert-Fairfield County Online Registration Portal.
- What if I don’t have a landline phone, can the Alert-Fairfield County system call my cell phone? Yes, residents whom have registered their cell phone numbers in the Alert-Fairfield County system will receive messages on their cell phones. Since there are many instances when the public may not be at home to receive an emergency message phone call, public safety officials recommend that all residents with cell phones add their numbers to the Alert-Fairfield County database. You can do so through the Alert-Fairfield County Online Registration Portal.
- If I have provided more than one phone number, what number will be called? If an emergency situation arises that requires a notification to be sent to multiple phone numbers, we will activate the system to place a call to all of your numbers at the same time. For matters with less urgency, you may be notified at only one phone.
- Will the Alert-Fairfield County system call numbers outside of the area codes? Yes. The area code does not impact whether or not a call is made.
- How does the Alert-Fairfield County system respond to busy signals or no answer situations? For busy signals, call waiting, or when there is not an answer, the call will be repeated several times in an attempt to reach you. If the phone is answered by a message recorder, the message will be left on the answering device. If after several attempts the call does not successfully go through, the system will stop attempting to call.
- What precautions are taken to protect personal contact information stored in the Alert-Fairfield County system? Alert-Fairfield County is a service powered by Twenty First Century Communications, Inc. (TFCC). TFCC takes your privacy and security very seriously. A contract is in place that prohibits Alert-Fairfield County contact information from being shared, sold, traded, leased or loaned to outside parties. Access to citizen contact information by City or County personnel is limited and approved at many layers. Citizen-provided contact information transmitted through the web‐portal is sent over a secure connection. TFCC uses multiple physical and virtual layers of firewalls to maintain data security. Data is hosted in state‐of‐the art facilities which require keycard and password recognition, and are staffed around the clock with full‐time TFCC personnel.
- Is registration secure? Yes, the sign up page is hosted on a secure server.
- Do I have to have an e-mail address to register? Yes. An e-mail address is required as a username. If you do not have an e-mail address, please go to www.gmail.com, www.yahoo.com or www.hotmail.com to sign-up for a free e-mail account.
- How many characters must my password contain? Your password must contain 8 characters.
- Are all of the fields required? All fields marked with a star are required. If not filled out, those fields will show a red border upon clicking the submit button.
- Can I register more than one cell phone number under my e-mail address? No, only one cell phone number can be registered per e-mail address.
- Do I need to register my home landline number to be included in the database? No, your home phone number is already listed in the database and does not need to be registered if it is a landline, but unless you login and create an account, you will not receive the Tornado warnings. Registering your cell phone will not replace or "overwrite" your home line. All efforts will be made to reach you at all of your contact numbers.
- Will this sign me up to receive text messages as well? Yes, this will allow text messages to be sent.
- I entered the wrong information; can you correct it for me? The best way to correct or update your information is sign in and manually update your information.
- Do I need to add a 1 or area code at the beginning of my phone number? You do not need a 1 but do need the area code.
- I am moving out of the County or would like to remove the information I submitted from the database. You can sign in and select to remove yourself from the database.
- I have a question that is not covered in the FAQ. Please e-mail your question to email@example.com.