Fairfield County logo Fairfield County
Emergency Management Agency

emergency management agency bar of images

alert fairfield logo

WRN Ambassador


Twitter Feed


If you own a business or company in Fairfield County, it is your concern to take care of your employees and facilities in time of an emergency. It is important to have an emergency plan and to practice that plan before an emergency occurs.



If your company uses, produces or stores chemical substances (hazardous or extremely hazardous materials) in excess of a given ‘Threshold Quantity’ on any given day throughout the year, the Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 3750 (Emergency Planning), Section 3750.08 requires the company submit a chemical inventory report.

The required reports must be sent to the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), the County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) and the fire department that services the facility. Please check the references shown on the web page for further information.

If there are any questions regarding whether your company should report or not or if there are any other questions you might have on this program please contact the LEPC at the County EMA office, 240 Baldwin Dr.Lancaster, Ohio. Telephone 740-654-4357, e mail - ema-lepc@fairfieldcountyohio.gov


General Information on the Commission and Requirements - State Emergency Response Commission (SERC):

Chemical Release Reporting Requirements:
SERC Release Reporting

Updated Information on 'Releases' from the EPA https://epa.ohio.gov

Hazard Incident Spill Report/Material Release in Word or PDF